£5,799 Advanced Payment?You've got to Laugh or else you'll cry!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Shawn 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #81261 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Hyundai IONIQ E Premium Electric 5dr

Feeling lucky I have my own 10 year old car today.

At an MG dealers yesterday they had a £12500 brand new ZS outside. Written on it was PCP £179 p.m.

I think there must be another way Motability has lost the plot.

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #81265 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Hyundai IONIQ E Premium Electric 5dr

Feeling lucky I have my own 10 year old car today. At an MG dealers yesterday they had a £12500 brand new ZS outside. Written on it was PCP £179 p.m. I think there must be another way Motability has lost the plot.

Aren’t you rather comparing apples with oranges there?

#81268 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Aren’t you rather comparing apples with oranges there?

Definitely apples with oranges but its the money.

£5799 will buy you a really nice car outright. It is half the price of a brand new MG as above. An MG with a 7yr warranty. Stick the MG next to the Hyundai and Joe Public would pick the MG as the more expensive car.

It’s madness!

I think “I” can spend my money in a better way than Motability.

East Yorkshire.
    Still looking for an EV I can get my wheelchair in or has not got a ridiculous AP!

#81270 Reply

JS

That’s the cheap one! The other Ioniq is £6499

#81283 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Did I say £12500 for a brand new car?

Try £10,000 after the VAT is deducted just like it is for Motability.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Shawn.

East Yorkshire.

#81295 Reply

DBtruth

I think that’s a very high AP.

However, I’m glad that there’s another EV on the scheme. It gives me hope that more EV’s will appear in the future and I’d also like to think the AP’s will decrease over time.

#81305 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Do motability think it’s April The 1st

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#81306 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

It’s also being replaced/upgraded in September for a 38kWh version. It really does show the i3 to be a bargain!

#81357 Reply

Tomas

I think Motablity are making more profit than ever. Most of the cars listed with high AP’s are cars the manufacturers need to get rid of. The price they will be paying will be a fraction of the RRP.

How much is the guy at the top going to pay himself this year?

#81835 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Got to remember (although it doesn’t explain it all away) that at the end of the day, we’re paying to cover the depreciation on the cars, irrespective of the actual sticker price. A lot of EV’s have HORRIBLE depreciation as the battery lives are much reduced in a 3-year-old car which means an expensive repair/replacement is starting to get close…

#81849 Reply

Shawn
    Blocked

Got to remember (although it doesn’t explain it all away) that at the end of the day, we’re paying to cover the depreciation on the cars, irrespective of the actual sticker price. A lot of EV’s have HORRIBLE depreciation as the battery lives are much reduced in a 3-year-old car which means an expensive repair/replacement is starting to get close…

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/201906219251193?journey=deals&postcode=hu55ny&sort=sponsored&make=HYUNDAI&radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&fuel-type=Electric&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

£24,750

-VAT £19,800

3 year old car the nearest I could find with twice the mileage mine would have on return.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906239317764?sort=price-asc&postcode=hu55ny&advertising-location=at_cars&make=HYUNDAI&radius=1500&fuel-type=Electric&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

£18,500 Private not trade.

£19,800-£18,500=£1,300

We have not paid a penny of PIP yet! Or taken into account the AP of £5,799

It is way out Colin. Almost all the money I would be paying is profit.

East Yorkshire.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: £5,799 Advanced Payment?You've got to Laugh or else you'll cry!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: