40 kg Boot Hoist Small Car

• Creator
    Topic
  • #145715 Reply
    Kat25

I looking for a small car which I can have a 40kg boot hoist fitted if possible to lift scooter.  Has anyone had this type of hoist fitted in a small car?  (E.g Toyota Yaris). Any suggestions of  cars which are suitable would be great.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145717 Reply
    joss

@Kat25

Hello. A quick look at for 40kg hoist for a Toyota Yaris is doable.  I found a video of the hoist in action for you.

You could get this fitted by motability.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by joss.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by joss.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#145725 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I use a AutoChair 80Kg hoist in a large car so not much help to you, sorry, however on the Autochair and Brig Ayd sites they list many small cars that can have a hoist fitted but one thing to lookout for is the size of your scooter and will that fit regardless of the hoist.

Size of scooter won’t be so much of a problem with the back seats folded or if you have one of the folding types but another area to lookout for is the height of the rear door aperture.

Only people to give a real accurate account of what will work with any given hoist and any given scooter is the Motability adaption installers. Motability have a list of them on their site and a phone call to one near you could help you out if you get stuck and overall I’ve found the installers to be more helpful than car dealers.

#145728 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

That’s an Auris, Joss – Corolla based hatch as was – not a Yaris.

#145760 Reply
    joss

That’s an Auris, Joss – Corolla based hatch as was – not a Yaris.

Thanks Wigwam. Looks like I clicked on the wrong link.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 40 kg Boot Hoist Small Car
Your information: