40 kg Boot Hoist Small Car

• Creator
    Topic
    Kat25

I looking for a small car which I can have a 40kg boot hoist fitted if possible to lift scooter.  Has anyone had this type of hoist fitted in a small car?  (E.g Toyota Yaris). Any suggestions of  cars which are suitable would be great.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      joss

@Kat25

Hello. A quick look at for 40kg hoist for a Toyota Yaris is doable.  I found a video of the hoist in action for you.

You could get this fitted by motability.

Joss
        Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

ChrisK
        Participant

I use a AutoChair 80Kg hoist in a large car so not much help to you, sorry, however on the Autochair and Brig Ayd sites they list many small cars that can have a hoist fitted but one thing to lookout for is the size of your scooter and will that fit regardless of the hoist.

Size of scooter won’t be so much of a problem with the back seats folded or if you have one of the folding types but another area to lookout for is the height of the rear door aperture.

Only people to give a real accurate account of what will work with any given hoist and any given scooter is the Motability adaption installers. Motability have a list of them on their site and a phone call to one near you could help you out if you get stuck and overall I’ve found the installers to be more helpful than car dealers.

Wigwam
          Participant

That’s an Auris, Joss – Corolla based hatch as was – not a Yaris.

joss

That’s an Auris, Joss – Corolla based hatch as was – not a Yaris.

Thanks Wigwam. Looks like I clicked on the wrong link.

Joss
              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Berty

No, its a Yaris, OP is correct.

Emo

I have a Peugeot 208 will that hoist or any other fit my car? I have had and looked after the car and don’t want to have to swap it. Thank you 😊

Colin
                  Participant

What make is this hoist?

Participant

my hyundai kona is fitted with a small folding 40kg 2 way hoist. works ok, although not as handy as the bigger toyotas’ 80kg 4 way, it does job and is a fraction of size.  it folds flat after use. you would need to look  at the motability page here.  https://www.motability.co.uk/whats-available/adaptations/adaptation-prices/

if you find any you fancy, then ask if it will fit your future car..

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                      Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.