3 Mobility Questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Soapbox 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #27585 Reply
    Soapbox
    Participant

Hello people,

1. Hoping to get my award (enhanced mobility component) for 3 years, but for example, what if it was 1 year? I get the letter and have to order that same day ? (you need 1 year left of award to order a car)

2. After I have ordered the car and I’m only waiting to collect it, after possibly 2 or 3 months, for those 2 or 3 months waiting would I still get my enhanced mobility component payment paid in the bank?

3. Has anyone had success with ringing dealers asking if a specific car and model (e.g. Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2 PureTech Feel 5dr ETG) is in their dealer network unregistered, that could be delivered to you, as a new car in a short period of time. (Colour of vehicle not important) As opposed to waiting a lot longer for the car to be built and shipped.

Thank you all for helping.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #27589 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Soapbox,

Answers to Questions:

1. If you are awarded PIP for a single year then it will not be possible to get onto the Scheme, by the time your letter arrives and it is backdated to the application date you will not have a full year of your award.

2. Your allowance will be held by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or Veterans UK one week prior to the date your dealer expects you to take delivery of your new car. This allowance will be repaid to you by the DWP once you have collected your new car.

3. Yes. Dealers have to buy the cars that they display in the showroom but they are given a set period, around 12 weeks, before they have to pay for it, so as this date gets close they are keen to get rid. The Dealer will be in a position to see all cars arriving and their destination, a large group dealership will have many cars coming to them that have not been allocated to a customer and these will be ‘up for grabs’. It is a sales game at the end of the day and your dealer can offer to buy an unallocated car from another dealer and sell it to you.

Hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Avatar wmcforum.
    #27599 Reply
    Soapbox
    Participant

Thanks for your informative response. Ah, forgot the award is backdated, so not a full year then. And not being out of pocket until near delivery day is good though. Am quite attracted to the rare British built models, such as the Toyota Auris.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Avatar Soapbox.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: 3 Mobility Questions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: