2020 Kia e-Niro: prices, specification and on-sale date

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  martino 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #114186 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Kia e-Niro electric SUV available in upgraded 4 trim level; reservations being taken for 2020 delivery

The Kia e-Niro electric SUV has received what Kia calls ‘unprecedented interest’ from customers, selling out its initial production run, but the latest version of the car is currently available to reserve for delivery in 2020, according to the brand’s website.

The e-Niro is available exclusively in ‘4’ trim, which includes an updated 10.25-inch touchscreen sat-nav and infotainment system, the UVO Connect Services app, LED headlights with bi-function projection, ambient lighting and a battery heating system.

The interior features black leather upholstery, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, an electronic handbrake, automatic air-conditioning, adaptive cruise control, keyless entry and go, wireless phone charging, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, an eight-speaker JBL stereo and DAB radio.

A full suite of safety equipment is included, too, featuring lane-following and lane-keeping assistance, forward collision avoidance and hill-start assistance, plus seven airbags.

The Niro 4’s pre and post-grant prices respectively are £37,995 and £34,995 – an increase on the old First Edition’s £36,495 and £32,995.
    Kia e-Niro waiting list
    In December 2019, Kia promised that both the e-Niro and Soul EV would be supplied in greater numbers in 2020. The e-Niro – which won our Car of the Year prize for 2019 – sold out its entire allocation for that year in a matter of weeks, having gone on sale in January of that year. As of May 2020, initial production cars are still sold-out but Kia has stated on its website that the next available models will be delivered in 2020.

Only 900 examples of the electric SUV were set aside for the UK, and its popularity left thousands of potential customers facing waiting list lead times of 12 months or more. However, Kia said it would clear the current 3,000-strong waiting list for the car in the first six months of 2020, with new orders placed from 2 December set to be fulfilled from July 2020.

The company also hopes to fill more of the demand for electric cars with the Soul EV, the first deliveries of which are due to take place in April.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #114187 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

That seems well overpriced to me.

You can get a Tesla for less.

#114189 Reply

Brydo

I agree Elliot it’s too expensive but they can’t keep up with demand so some are willing to pay.

#114192 Reply

72 dudes

Doesn’t seem over expensive to me, it has one of the better ranges of similarly priced EVs.

@ Elliot, in what universe can you get a Tesla cheaper? Cheapest Model 3 starts at £43k! Now that is overpriced, especially given the bland poor quality interior.

#114193 Reply

Georgie

“new orders placed from 2 December set to be fulfilled from July 2020.”

Wouldn’t it be nice if the e-niro was available for us to order when the List reappears on Thursday – even with the seven month wait.

#114195 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have seen both the Kia and Tesla in real life, both very nice cars, I have read the long road test review on the Kia which has an excellent electric range.

What I find strange we so used to a front grill on our cars, without the front grill the cars look half finished, we need a dummy front grill.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#114202 Reply

Georgie

Yo’re absolutely right, Oscarmax.  Fake grills and artificial ‘engine’ noises.  All we need now is a ‘fumes’ button on the dashboard for when we’re stuck in traffic and the illusion will be complete.

#114211 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

My bad they put the price up.

Still a Tesla is much more desirable to most people than a Kia.

Premium over average for me.

#114219 Reply

Landyman

Seems to be a lot of top end spec on electric cars, is that the manufactures way of justifying high prices.

#114237 Reply

martino
    Participant

hopefully there will be lots of great electric cars with long millage range on motability soon

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: 2020 Kia e-Niro: prices, specification and on-sale date

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: