1p Per Mile

• Creator
    Topic
  • #157167 Reply
    Just2Fish

I can hardly wait but it’s only a couple of days to go now until I pick up my Hyundai Kona Ultimate EV and between charging with Octopus Go at 5p per kWh at night, and my solar panels during the day, be just paying out about 1p per mile. My diesel Alhambra has been costing about 15p per mile.

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #157240 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

It’s a very useful and convenient function, wouldn’t dream of driving any vehicle without it nowadays.

#157246 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Without autohold, Serendipity?  If I’m stopped in traffic, I keep my foot on the brake. If I’m going to wait a while such as at traffic lights I put the car in neutral and put the handbrake on.  These are the sorts of decisions that make driving a little more interesting!

#157251 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I’ll admit to liking the autohold on VW group cars, I went from a C4 Grand Picasso with the jerky dangerous 6 speed semi-auto gearbox, to a SEAT Alhambra with the excellent & smooth DSG with autohold, it’s brilliant on hills and in stop-start traffic.

With the Pug e2008 I don’t have autohold, so it’s the brake pedal or use the regen function & it would need to be a very steep hill to overcome the creeping function from the electric motor. The difference with the e2008 is that it’s so smooth anyway that I don’t miss the autohold quite so much, & I can creep along in super slow traffic without any fear of stalling the engine of course. EVs drive so differently that you can soon forget you ever had autohold.

#157256 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

Living in the centre of town in a very hilly area, autohold comes into play about every 10 seconds of driving, if I lived in a more rural area, it would be of less importance.

#157260 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I can see hill start assist being good to have, but I don’t understand what autohold does apart from save you keeping your foot on the brake pedal when you are stopped.

#157261 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

I can see hill start assist being good to have, but I don’t understand what autohold does apart from save you keeping your foot on the brake pedal when you are stopped.

My disability is predominantly in the legs, so, the less work they have to do, the better.

#157262 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Ah, then I can understand how it’s a great advantage to you, Serendipity.  I have yet to drive a car with the autohold but I think the XC40 we have on order has it, so I will see if it’s one of the things I turn off, like lane keeping assistance.

#157263 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

Ah, then I can understand how it’s a great advantage to you, Serendipity. I have yet to drive a car with the autohold but I think the XC40 we have on order has it, so I will see if it’s one of the things I turn off, like lane keeping assistance.

Some of the driving aids can be an annoyance, but it’s always better to have them, rather than not, then at least you have the option of turning them off or not, personally I dislike the engine stop/start function which I always disable.,

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
Reply To: Reply #157246 in 1p Per Mile
Your information: