12 month pip requirement for new customers only

• Creator
    Topic
    wibbuk
    Participant

Im in the process of cancelling my current car as it’s too high to get in.£50 charge.when ordering sales rep asked me for pip end date.i have only 8 months till next re-assessment,he says can’t order.i asked just put the order in and see if it’s accepted and it went through.i rang motability and they you don’t need 12 months anymore,just new customers.wish they would tell everyone else as i was almost turned away.just thought i would let people no as mobility haven’t even told sales reps.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kj35
      Participant

Yes I’ve been told the same this forum was very helpful and then I got it confirmed from motability to be sure. Less than 12 months no longer a barrier if existing customer.

swwchris
        Participant
          Participant

Hmm are you still classed as a existing customer if you return your car early? My Astra is still at the dealership due to a major system fault and they have no idea when it will be fixed.

Was thinking about cancelling my lease and ordering another car but could only do that if this less than 12 months on PIP award applies.

Car History:
            Ford Fiesta
            Vauxhall Astra Mk6
            Mazda 3
            BMW 2 Series Coupe
            Mercedes A Class
            Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Current Car)

swwchris
            Participant

Hmm are you still classed as a existing customer if you return your car early? My Astra is still at the dealership due to a major system fault and they have no idea when it will be fixed. Was thinking about cancelling my lease and ordering another car but could only do that if this less than 12 months on PIP award applies.

Probably one where you have to phone/message and ask, but fingers crossed someone might have had experience of this situation

kj35
              Participant

I have one month left and I’m allowed to order. Albeit my lease is at its end

kj35
                Participant

DWP have advised they’ll be sending me an extension out however motability just told me they’d removed the 12 month requirement for those on the scheme as they’re aware of the huge backlogs DWP are dealing with.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.