1 months lease extension until November

• Creator
    Topic
  • #90072 Reply
    martino

I asked motability for another lease extension  on my 65 plate they said they can only extended it until 15 november because i had one when i changed over from dla to pip , i thought they would have given me 6 months, they said I need to place an order by 15 november , so i dont know what to do i dont want to rush into car

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #90075 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

Not to sound rude but why do you need over a month to decide? You had the time before the first extension to decide what to get if you get awarded pip.

What are you looking for?

#90079 Reply
    martino

i take for ever to pick a car years ago i rushed in and gat a nil deposit astra and hated for the three years ,, Iv got volvo xc60 looking for something like that definatly awd/4×4 .

#90088 Reply
    Macca

Theres also an argument that the more time you’ve got, the more time you’ll take.

Perhaps a deadline will focus the mind?

#90090 Reply
    martino

thats a fair point Macca

#90091 Reply
    Macca

Whats your budget?

#90092 Reply
    Macca

Manual or Auto?

#90118 Reply
    martino

iv always had manual but i fancy trying auto to make it easier

budget i dont know i usually see a car that suits and i like then i try n save the AP.

Im looking at

BMW X1 Xdrive (thats 4 wheel drive  i think )

Mercedes C class estate (if i can get   4 wheel drive )

Mercedes CLA (if i can get   4 wheel drive )

Mitsubishi Outlander

#90120 Reply
    martino

and

volvo xc40

#90136 Reply
    Macca

Just be mindful yhat if you’ve run an XC60 for a good while then anything significantly smaller will feel really odd. You get used to having a lot of metal around you, as well as the sear height.

I switched to auto 3 years back out of neccessity, and within days wondered why i’d driven manuals for so long. I’ll never go back now.

Perhaps the Xtrail could be an option?

#90137 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

If you are looking for front wheel drive petrol then look at Suzuki s-cross or vitara. Both at NIL AP. They also do a part time four wheel drive

#90139 Reply
    martino

iv always had big cars over the last few years  vw sharan, then 2 ford galaxys , fords S max then volvo xc60  i got the xc60 because here where i stay the winter snow is usually very  bad  so went for the 4×4 because we stay at the bottom of a hill which with out 4×4 you cant get out

#90140 Reply
    Macca

Or Seat Ateca 2.0 Tdi FR Sport 4drive DSG  … £1599

#90141 Reply
    Macca

Or if you’re really jammy, Subaru will make it back onto the scheme, and you’d have the option of the XV or better still the Forester

#90142 Reply
    Macca

Or if you’ve 3 grand to burn CX5 2.2d Sport Nav+ 4wd Auto

#90143 Reply
    carl barker

have you look at the niro

#90145 Reply
    martino

i had a test drive of the niro its nice is it 4×4

is Subaru coming on

#90148 Reply
    Macca

Well in regards to Subaru the manufacturer is doing all they can to get on, but motability is the blocker just now, so we’ll just have to see

#90149 Reply
    Macca

<p style=”text-align: left;”>New Forester and XV are self charging petrol hybrids with permanent AWD and CVT boxes. Would be a great addition for sure.</p>

#90152 Reply
    martino

just looked at subaru it does look nice i do like it why do we sorry i always like cars thats not available

#90153 Reply
    Macca

Yet …..

#90222 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I think you might love an auto. I used to think manual was the be all and end all but changed to auto a number of years ago. Not had a manual since. (~15 years). In town driving they’re a Godsend. No more hurting left leg due to clutch pressing.

Also, if you have any issues with your back then the X1 is brilliant for entry/exit. Because of the Mercedes’ roofline you may struggle getting in. My wife has a GLA (similar roofline) and I really struggle.

Good luck ?

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: 1 months lease extension until November
Your information: